Tuesday 15 July 2014

2. What have you learnt from participating in each of the prelim tasks?

The Audition Video

The making of the audition video taught me how to lipsynch effectively. It also gave me an insight into what it would be like performing in front of a camera during the real video shoot. This was very useful because, when it came to the actual day, I didn't feel completely uncomfortable performing in front of the camera.




The Rehearsals

The rehearsals were extremely useful as they taught me how to perform effectively in front of a camera. I learnt that you need to exaggerate movements in front of a camera otherwise the performance looks almost lazy. I also learnt about blocking and how to stay in the correct position throughout the performance (this proved to be harder than expected).




Planning my costume

Planning my costume taught me how to be persuasive because I didn't have all of the items which I required to replicate my character's costume so I had to try to persuade my friends and family to lend me certain garments (such as my knee high socks).


The Shoot

Due to my role in the music video, I learnt about what it's like both as a main role in front of the camera and behind the camera during a professional music video shoot. I learnt that performing in front of a camera can sometimes be tiring however you have to perform to the best of your abilities at all times so that the correct shots are obtained. I also helped out in play-back which gave me an insight into working behind the scenes at a shoot.

I also learnt how to follow direction from the choreographer (Tash)
The shoot also made me realise just how much touching up of hair/make up happens on a music video shoot!


The Edit

The edit taught me several skills. A very useful one which will benefit me greatly during the A2 music video edit is how to sync audio. This made the editing process much faster and therefore more effective. Editing the footage also further improved my grading abilities as I have only graded footage once before.

I also learnt how to add 'flashes' to our footage by increasing the brightness in steps then reverting the shot back to normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment