Monday 14 July 2014

3. Are you pleased with the footage and your edit? Is it how you expected it to look?

The Footage

Overall, I am pleased with the footage. I think that the white scenes and photography scenes were shot particularly well. I also like the close ups of the lead male and female roles. I feel that the majority of the scenes were shot in a very similar way to the actual music video and so they look very impressive when watching our video alongside the actual "Girls" video.

Having said this, we didn't seem to get each shot.

For example, in the shots above, our version is a long shot of the lead male role whereas, in the real video, Matt Healy is presented using a mid-shot.
The Edit

I feel that Ellie and I were very successful when carrying out our edit and I am very pleased with the outcome. I think that our grading works well and we managed to conceal any continuity errors within the footage. 

The hardest continuity errors to conceal were within the vespa/car scenes because I don't feel we had enough shots to choose from and so we ended up reusing certain shots which led to obvious continuity errors. However, we spent a lot of time on these scenes and I feel that any continuity errors have been concealed well and are almost unnoticeable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment